Recent Posts



Can I Provide A Signer With A Legal Form?

Someone has asked me to notarize a power of attorney and wants me to provide the form. The person has cancer and wants to give power of attorney to her sister. Can I do this? — K.F. California

No, you shouldn’t provide the form unless you are an attorney. A Notary who is not an attorney may not practice law in California (Business and Professions Code 6125). Selecting the type of document to meet an individual’s legal need could be considered the unauthorized practice of law.

MOBILE NOTARY: 619.791.6176 LIVE SCAN: 858.964.9586

MOBILE NOTARY EXPRESS OFFICE: 350 10th Avenue. Suite 1000 San Diego ca 92101
LIVESCAN SAN DIEGO OFFICE: 9655 Granite Ridge Drive Suite 200 San Diego, CA 92123
LIVESCAN SAN DIEGO HOURS: Monday thru Friday 11:00AM to 3:00PM

  • Google Plus
  • Yelp for business
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • Facebook